Virtual Teenz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discuss and get help with teen problems of sexuality, puberty, mental health, etc...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» where is everybody????????
ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 5:11 pm by Relyh

» art work - the bestest you ever did seez.
ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 10:16 pm by Jak9

» Crazy shit man.
ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 10:07 pm by Jak9

» centipedes??? in my vagina???
ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 9:59 pm by Jak9

» Simply put...
ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 11:13 pm by Tilly&Teri

» life as a little person with no arms
ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 11:13 pm by Tilly&Teri

» Derek has been banned indefinitely.
ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 12:33 pm by HeadCounselor

» puberty 4 siamese twins
ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 12:27 pm by HeadCounselor

» Suggestions
ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 2:18 am by HawthorneHeightsGurl

Top posters
Jak9
ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder I_vote_lcapADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder I_voting_barADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder I_vote_rcap 
Relyh
ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder I_vote_lcapADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder I_voting_barADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder I_vote_rcap 
Francine
toomuchpurple
Jake...
Claustrophobia
Tilly&Teri
HawthorneHeightsGurl
HeadCounselor
Angela
Meebo Me!
Furcadia
Furcadia!

ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
toomuchpurple

toomuchpurple

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2009-01-09

ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Empty
PostSubject: ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder   ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 10:07 pm

Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder: Symptoms of ADHD

The symptoms of ADHD include inattention and/or hyperactivity and impulsivity. These are traits that most children display at some point or another. But with ADHD, which stands for attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, or what was referred to as ADD -- attention deficit disorder -- the symptoms are inappropriate for the child\\\'s age.

ADHD is common in children and teens. But adults also can have ADHD. With ADHD in adults, there may be some variation in symptoms. For instance, an adult may experience restlessness instead of hyperactivity. In addition, adults with ADHD consistently have problems with interpersonal relationships and employment.

There are three different types of ADHD, including:

* combined ADHD (the most common type), which involves all of the symptoms
* inattentive ADHD (previously known as ADD), which is marked by impaired attention and concentration
* hyperactive-impulsive ADHD, which is marked by hyperactivity without inattentiveness

For a diagnosis of ADHD, some symptoms that cause impairment must be present before age seven. Also, some impairment from the symptoms must be present in more than one setting. For instance, the person may be impaired at home and school or home and work. Also, there must be clear evidence the symptoms interfere with the person\\\'s ability to function at home, in social environments, or in work environments.

Would this do? LOL.

Last edited by Francine on Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:31 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Stickied.)
Back to top Go down
Jak9
Counselor
Counselor
Jak9

Male
Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder   ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 10:11 pm

zomg @_@ maybe you should try something easier for people with adhd to actually READ XD they'd prbly get lost before they even start reading the symptoms.
Back to top Go down
toomuchpurple

toomuchpurple

Female

PostSubject: Re: ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder   ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 10:13 pm

That's the simplest thing i found so far.
LOL.
I'll try to look for more then.xD

Sorry. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Jak9
Counselor
Counselor
Jak9

Male

PostSubject: Re: ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder   ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 10:14 pm

no prob XD its just a suggestion,short and sweet is what they need.
Back to top Go down
Relyh
Relyh

Male
Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder   ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 10:15 pm

My brother has ADHD, from what I know, it's a hit and miss with meds.
He's been on countless meds, none work.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/josh_hyler
Jak9
Counselor
Counselor
Jak9

Male

PostSubject: Re: ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder   ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 10:17 pm

i dont think meds work most of the time. its all about willpower and focus. with adhd (wich i got over) i just was like,im fed up with being distracted and forgeting stuff,so i just changed the way i was and turned willpower into focus and here i am now.
Back to top Go down
Relyh
Relyh

Male

PostSubject: Re: ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder   ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 10:18 pm

My brother more or less gave up, and has let it take him over.
Back to top Go down
Jak9
Counselor
Counselor
Jak9

Male

PostSubject: Re: ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder   ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 10:29 pm

thats what happens to some of them,but they NEEEEEEED to focus,otherwise itl never go away
Back to top Go down
Relyh
Relyh

Male

PostSubject: Re: ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder   ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 10:31 pm

Yeah, I could imagine.
Back to top Go down
Jak9
Counselor
Counselor
Jak9

Male

PostSubject: Re: ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder   ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 10:33 pm

but some spirits can break easier then others,and some people just dont have the moderation to keep at something. oh well.
Back to top Go down
Francine
Admin
Admin
Francine

Female
Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder   ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 10:35 pm

Thanks for finding info on ADHD, Purple. <3 You might get to become another Counselor too. Also, guys, it would really help me out if you could look up info on the other Mental Illnesses listed and post them like she did, or post a new topic about a different mental illness with info about it. Any new info is welcome. It would be a lot of help! <3
Back to top Go down
https://virtual-teenz.forumotion.com
Jak9
Counselor
Counselor
Jak9

Male

PostSubject: Re: ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder   ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 10:37 pm

iight. ill try and find some too. or i could just solve crap instead of showing what the crap is about XD the means dont allways justify the ends.
Back to top Go down
toomuchpurple

toomuchpurple

Female

PostSubject: Re: ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder   ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 11:25 pm

Jak9 wrote:
iight. ill try and find some too. or i could just solve crap instead of showing what the crap is about XD the means dont allways justify the ends.

Yeah, you should post how they can be treated.
I got too lazy to summarize those things, but when I have more time, I'll do it.
xD
Back to top Go down
zajel

zajel

Male
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: ADHD   ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 4:27 pm

I once had to take pills for ADHD back in 3rd grade. I apparently would “distract” the other kids in the class. So, they put me on Ritalin,
I guess I didn’t take to it too well, I wouldn’t eat, I’d puke and be sleepy all the damn time. Head aches and was always very irritable.
I had stopped taken them by the time 4rth grade had started all in all the medication was a bad experience
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder   ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Empty

Back to top Go down

ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
Page 1 of 1