Virtual Teenz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discuss and get help with teen problems of sexuality, puberty, mental health, etc...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» where is everybody????????
Schizophrenia. :o EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 5:11 pm by Relyh

» art work - the bestest you ever did seez.
Schizophrenia. :o EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 10:16 pm by Jak9

» Crazy shit man.
Schizophrenia. :o EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 10:07 pm by Jak9

» centipedes??? in my vagina???
Schizophrenia. :o EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 9:59 pm by Jak9

» Simply put...
Schizophrenia. :o EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 11:13 pm by Tilly&Teri

» life as a little person with no arms
Schizophrenia. :o EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 11:13 pm by Tilly&Teri

» Derek has been banned indefinitely.
Schizophrenia. :o EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 12:33 pm by HeadCounselor

» puberty 4 siamese twins
Schizophrenia. :o EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 12:27 pm by HeadCounselor

» Suggestions
Schizophrenia. :o EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 2:18 am by HawthorneHeightsGurl

Top posters
Jak9
Schizophrenia. :o I_vote_lcapSchizophrenia. :o I_voting_barSchizophrenia. :o I_vote_rcap 
Relyh
Schizophrenia. :o I_vote_lcapSchizophrenia. :o I_voting_barSchizophrenia. :o I_vote_rcap 
Francine
toomuchpurple
Jake...
Claustrophobia
Tilly&Teri
HawthorneHeightsGurl
HeadCounselor
Angela
Meebo Me!
Furcadia
Furcadia!

Schizophrenia. :o

Go down 
+4
Angela
Jak9
Francine
toomuchpurple
8 posters
AuthorMessage
toomuchpurple

toomuchpurple

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Schizophrenia. :o Empty
PostSubject: Schizophrenia. :o   Schizophrenia. :o EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 11:11 pm

What is Schizophrenia?

Schizophrenia is characterized by profound disruption in cognition and emotion, affecting the most fundamental human attributes: language, thought, perception, affect, and sense of self.

What are the symptoms of Schizophrenia?

• Delusions - false beliefs strongly held in spite of invalidating evidence, especially as a symptom of mental illness.
  • Hallucinations - Hallucinations can take a number of different forms - they can be visual, Auditory, tactile, olfactory, gustatory. Basically you just see, hear, feel, smell or taste things that really isn't there.
  • Disorganized speech - Ongoing disjointed or rambling monologues - in which a person seems to talking to himself/herself or imagined people or voices.
  • Grossly disorganized or catatonic behavior - An abnormal condition variously characterized by stupor/innactivity, mania, and either rigidity or extreme flexibility of the limbs.

If you want to know more, you can visit this site:
http://www.schizophrenia.com/diag.php

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Francine
Admin
Admin
Francine

Female
Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Schizophrenia. :o   Schizophrenia. :o EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 11:20 pm

That's really interesting, Purp. I actually know someone who had Schizophrenia, he is in his 40s and he was walking down the road and he saw this old woman and voices in his head started telling him to kill her and he got so freaked out that he went and admitted himself to a psychiatric hospital in Parkersburg, I think. (West Virginia, close to where I live) I think it's very odd.
Back to top Go down
https://virtual-teenz.forumotion.com
toomuchpurple

toomuchpurple

Female

PostSubject: Re: Schizophrenia. :o   Schizophrenia. :o EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 11:23 pm

Wow.
I have never known anyone with this mental disorder. Perhaps talking to one would be really interesting and amusing.
Good thing he admitted himself there.
He could be treated. ;D

OHH! Was he really that detached from reality? (Sorry I cannot stop myself from asking.)

P.S. You should add a topic about Multiple Personality Disorder.
xD
Back to top Go down
Francine
Admin
Admin
Francine

Female

PostSubject: Re: Schizophrenia. :o   Schizophrenia. :o EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 11:28 pm

It's my aunt's brother-in-law and from what I hear and what I've seen of him he was pretty detached from reality. Also, Just post a thread about Multiple Personality Disorder in Mental Illnesses (Not one of its sub-forums) and I can sticky it so it will stay up at the top for everyone to see. I also stickied your posts about Schizophrenia and OCD. Thank you for finding the info. Smile
Back to top Go down
toomuchpurple

toomuchpurple

Female

PostSubject: Re: Schizophrenia. :o   Schizophrenia. :o EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 11:30 am

I once wanted to go on a mental asylum to see people with mental disorder but my mom did no allow me to go.

She says it's too dangerous. I do not get it though.
lol.

Wow. I would love to experience talking to him.
I'm quite a frustrated psychologist, my mom wants me to be a doctor, so yeah, I'm pursuing her dreams for me. scratch
Back to top Go down
Francine
Admin
Admin
Francine

Female

PostSubject: Re: Schizophrenia. :o   Schizophrenia. :o EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 4:40 pm

Well that sucks. If you like psychology then I say go for it! I've studied a lot of psychology myself but in the end I decided to be an interpreter. I might also get a degree in psychology or medicine so I can do that type of interpreting because usually interpreters have more than one area of expertise. Psychology is really interesting, isn't it? The human mind works in mysterious ways!
Back to top Go down
Jak9
Counselor
Counselor
Jak9

Male
Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: Schizophrenia. :o   Schizophrenia. :o EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 4:45 pm

yes,it does XD i never took any psychology tests or anything,but i prefer to,instead of taking classes or studying things allready found out,i try to place myself in different situatuions and,use myself as sort of a lab rat.
Back to top Go down
Angela

Angela

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Schizophrenia. :o   Schizophrenia. :o EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 7:50 pm

toomuchpurple;

You said.

"I have never known anyone with this mental disorder. Perhaps talking to one would be really interesting and amusing."

I'm most likely overreacting, as I tend to do, but when you talk to a person with Schizphrenia, it's amusing to you, but I find it sort of embarassing, and sad that you're amused by.. Well.. People like me, I guess.

I'm a Paranoid Schizophrenic. With me, I hear things, voices, etc. I panic at what they say, because even know I know people can't hear them, at the time it happens, I forget that. Your mind goes blank. They say things that I personally don't wish to be voiced, like Secrets of my own, and others, things I wish to be true, and things I wish to be false.

I also have Bipolar.

But I'm also unmedicated. Because I believe I can beat everything that's wrong with me without a diet full of different drugs, that just make me go blank. To me, it's a horrible feeling.

But toomuchpurple, I guess you finally met your first Schizophrenic.
Back to top Go down
Francine
Admin
Admin
Francine

Female

PostSubject: Re: Schizophrenia. :o   Schizophrenia. :o EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 8:02 pm

Thanks for posting Angie, and I'm sorry that you have to go through that. I think it was a good idea for you to tell us about that so we can have some idea what it's like. The guy I know freaked out and admitted himself immediately when he heard the voices because they were telling him to kill an old woman.
Back to top Go down
Angela

Angela

Female

PostSubject: Re: Schizophrenia. :o   Schizophrenia. :o EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 8:16 pm

Yes, well. When you ask politely, thou shall recieve.

Mine never tell me to do anything, and you're right. It's hard to go through this crap. But when I can't handle it, I've found a handful of things that can help me. I tried everything, even when I found something, I kept trying. I admit, I went to depths I never want to go again.

One thing I avoided was the simple things, turns out, there's few things there that help.

I also get random clashes where the Schizophrenia gets worse when I'm in a manic mood. Only thing I hate, is when that happens, you can't avoid it. You have to let them fight until they go away. But you know it's coming, which is very annoying. And you have a few minutes to hide yourself so you don't do anything stupid, as I've done on a number of times, accidental.

But eh. I'm getting there. I'm also losing a lot of sleep thanks to these voices. When I lay down, they talk more and more. At specific times, they get louder.

But.. Yeah.
Back to top Go down
Relyh
Relyh

Male
Number of posts : 151

PostSubject: Re: Schizophrenia. :o   Schizophrenia. :o EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 8:18 pm

toomuchpurple wrote:
I once wanted to go on a mental asylum to see people with mental disorder but my mom did no allow me to go.

She says it's too dangerous. I do not get it though.
lol.

Wow. I would love to experience talking to him.
I'm quite a frustrated psychologist, my mom wants me to be a doctor, so yeah, I'm pursuing her dreams for me. scratch

No, it wouldn't be fun.
My mom tried to get me in one, it' not fun, it's scary.
Luckily, I was proven mentally sane.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/josh_hyler
Tilly&Teri

Tilly&Teri

Female
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Schizophrenia. :o   Schizophrenia. :o EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 8:21 pm

we canm here voices sometimes, we used2 get REALLYYYYYYYYYY freaked out but then we found out that we were hereing each others thoughts!!!it was SO COOL!!! we cant keep secrets from each other tho........

I love you
Back to top Go down
Angela

Angela

Female

PostSubject: Re: Schizophrenia. :o   Schizophrenia. :o EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 8:49 pm

That makes me feel strange..
Back to top Go down
Jak9
Counselor
Counselor
Jak9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Schizophrenia. :o   Schizophrenia. :o EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 8:57 pm

well,humans only use about 20% of out brains. if we could unlock more,we could read other peoples minds,we could use telekenisis (however u spell it) and other things like that. the only way to read minds today is if you were actually connected to someone,like tully and teri. and i also agree with the way angela thinks. medacines wont do much for a person unless u put willpower and focus behind it.
Back to top Go down
toomuchpurple

toomuchpurple

Female

PostSubject: Re: Schizophrenia. :o   Schizophrenia. :o EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 9:00 pm

Awww. Angela, I'm really sorry for you to feel that way. Sad
I did not mean to offend or hurt your emotions. Sorry hun.

Relyh: Ohhh. Some tests showed that I'm prone to Manic Depression. Hmm. You went there. ;oo

Francie: Hmm. I also learned to love my field which is Biology. So I think I can get by. Just do not ask me again to dissect some cockroaches or I'll die. LOLOLOL. (*offtopic*)

Last edited by toomuchpurple on Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HawthorneHeightsGurl

HawthorneHeightsGurl

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: Schizophrenia. :o   Schizophrenia. :o EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 9:04 pm

you DID mean to hurt her feelings?
Back to top Go down
Jak9
Counselor
Counselor
Jak9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Schizophrenia. :o   Schizophrenia. :o EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 9:08 pm

she meant she dident mean to hurt her .-.
Back to top Go down
toomuchpurple

toomuchpurple

Female

PostSubject: Re: Schizophrenia. :o   Schizophrenia. :o EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 9:11 pm

O god. Thank you for noticing! ;o
Back to top Go down
Jak9
Counselor
Counselor
Jak9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Schizophrenia. :o   Schizophrenia. :o EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 9:15 pm

your welcome XD i got your back.
Back to top Go down
Angela

Angela

Female

PostSubject: Re: Schizophrenia. :o   Schizophrenia. :o EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 9:48 pm

Well. I saw it, and didn't know how to react.

Sorry. ><
Back to top Go down
Jak9
Counselor
Counselor
Jak9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Schizophrenia. :o   Schizophrenia. :o EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 11:40 pm

no problem girl ^^ anyway back on topic. i think i gave a family member who had schizophrenia but im not sure. ill have to ask my grandmother or look on a family tree.
Back to top Go down
Angela

Angela

Female

PostSubject: Re: Schizophrenia. :o   Schizophrenia. :o EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 6:22 pm

I had a Grandma with Schizophrenia. She passed away not long ago. I used to talk to her about it, but it was sort of different, because she was always medicated.

But she still listened. And I loved her for it.
Back to top Go down
zajel

zajel

Male
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Schizophrenia   Schizophrenia. :o EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 10:01 pm

Uhm , i don't know much about Schizophrenia but I'm intrigue with teh social stigmas that comes with having Schizophrenia
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schizophrenia. :o   Schizophrenia. :o Empty

Back to top Go down

Schizophrenia. :o
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Virtual Teenz :: The Nut House :: Mental Illnesses :: Schizophrenia-
Jump to: